Home contents
2017
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2016
   N# 1 |
2015
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2014
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2013
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2012
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2011
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2010
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2009
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2008
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2007
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2006
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2005
   N# | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2004
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2003
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2002
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2001
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2000
   N# | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
1999
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
1998
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 5 |
1997
   N# 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
1996
   N# 4 | 5 |

Click on the number of the review to see the content
Teaching bulletin CME
List of all teaching bulletins CME.
Editor reading committee
Editor reading committee.
To publish...
Instructions for authors
Archives Press and Books
Select of books and press articles.
Mailing list
News information letter.
Subscription prices


If you wish to adjust the size of the displayed characters, click in the high menu on "Your account" and choose the desired size.



  Contents > Previous page > Article detail print Order
o Issue N# 1 - 2002 o

CERVICO-FACIAL CARCINOLOGY

Thyroid surgery (356 cases): risk and complications.


Authors : S. Benzarti, I. Miled, T. Bassoumi, B. Ben Mrad, K. Akkari, O. Bacha, M. K. Chebbi (Montfleury Tunis)

Ref. : Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol. 2002;123,1:33-37.

Article published in french
Downloadable PDF document french



Summary : The purpose of this study was to evaluate the risks and complication rate of thyroid surgery. The authors present a retrospective study of 356 patients surgically treated for thyroid nodules, between 1987 and 1998, at the military hospital of Tunis. The patients were categorised into 3 groups: group I: 238 solitary thyroid nodules (66.8%); group II: 92 multinodular goitres (25.8%) included 12 retrosternal goitres (3.37%) and group III: 26 cases of Basedow's disease (7.4%). Patients benefitted from unilateral surgery in 72% of cases and from bilateral surgery (total or subtotal thyroidectomy) in the remaining 28% of cases. Malignancy was found in 34 cases (9.5%). The complications observed were haemorrhage (0.56% of cases), unilateral post operative recurrent laryngeal palsy (1.12% of cases), and permanent hypoparathyroidism in 0.81% of cases. Experienced surgeons and the use of a meticulous surgical technique can reduce the incidence of post operative complications in thyroid surgery.

Price : 10.50 €      order
|


Subscribe online - Pay by credit card!


© Copyright 1999-2018 - Revue de Laryngologie   Réalisation - Hébergement ELIDEE